- Five days training week
- Your own Portfolio and Handout package
- 10% Off the Archimedes Forest Schools Shop
- Ongoing remote trainer support throughout your Forest Schools Journey.
- On completion, the Forest Schools electronic badge of qualification.
- Free entry into our international Bush Schools and Forest Schools twinning programme.
- Discounted rates for your Forest Schools Insurance.
The course content of this qualification is based on up-to-date research surrounding aspects of:
- Provide you with the opportunity to learn about and develop your practical skills in the outdoors.
- Give you the opportunity to gain an introduction to session designing.
- Insight into how the outdoor environment can influence all round development of children and adults.
- Allow you to discover how learning styles and schemas can be recognised and enhanced.
- Show you how to utilise the outdoor environment to develop self-esteem and confidence.
- Training takes place over 5 days on the same initial training week as Level 3 Forest Schools Practitioner training. This then gives you the option of upgrading to become a Level 3 Forest Schools Practitioner if you apply to do so within one year of your training taking place.
- You are required to provide a Forest School experience for 3 sessions with a group of children in your own setting, preferably with a Level 3 Forest School Practitioner (though we understand that this is not always possible).
- Please note if you are working by yourself you are not qualified to work with tools or fire until you have been assessed at Level 3 standard.
- Please note: You have 3 months to return your completed portfolio from the date you attended your course. After this, you will be charged a £50.00 re-registration fee.
- We do recommend that you make every effort to complete the written work required during the weeks training, submitting additional information regarding sessions and observations in due course. However, you do have 3 months in which to submit your folder after your training.
£495 per person.
- If you are not sure whether you should start with an Open Awards level 2 or 3 please contact the Training Team 0114 2834060 or email: [email protected] outlining your relevant experience and they will advise you explaining in more detail the requirements of both courses.
- We regret we cannot accept pets and babies/children on the courses for Health and Safety reasons.
- *For Level 2 Assistant Forest Schools Practitioners Award we highly recommend for best practice that you have an ITC First Aid for Forest Schools Practitioners certificate which covers hypothermia, burns, and compression wounds.
“Very good balance of high-quality teaching and humour. Relaxed, approachable manner worked very well. Recognised individuals achievements, extremely knowledgeable” – Jackie Cunningham
Pettypool Activity Centre,