Forest School Inset Days and Staff Training
Our Forest School Inset Days are for:
- Schools wishing to develop a new understanding and appreciation for working with children in the outdoors.
- Teachers that want to start a new route for their everyday classrooms lessons and branch out into curriculum-based, fun-filled activities.
- Schools that work with all types of child groups including ASD, behaviour problems and those considered a high risk.
- Educators that can include teachers, TA’s, caretakers and dinner/break staff.
- We can also extend Inset days to forestry and countryside workers: social forestry and educational groups.
Our Forest School Inset Days are Truly Inspirational
- Inspire and motivate your staff by introducing them to the transformative world of outdoor play and learning.
- Help your team become a stronger unit with focus on outdoor team building or a bespoke inset day.
- Take part in practical and creative activities during an exciting day, creating lasting thoughts and feelings.
- Bespoke training and inset days; tailored to your specific requirements at your site, for you and your staff.
We have three types of Inset days; Forest Schools Taster Day, Outdoors And Up For It and Bespoke Tailor-Made sessions.
With the first two, we have created a content-rich and fun-filled day packed with knowledge and skills that you can start to implement with and draw influence from straight away.
If you would like us to cover some very specific areas then we will be more than happy to discuss our range of skills and expertise with you so you can get exactly what you want from your Inset day.
Within these days we can cover:
- Accelerated Learning In Children
- Working With Autism Spectrum Discorder Outdoors
- How Children Learn
- Schema Training Day
- Outdoor Learning
- Risk assessments to enable safe outdoor play and education
- Fun and educational activities in the outdoors
- Pirate Day
- Multi-Intelligence and People Smarts
Forest Schools Taster InSET
We can run a Forest Schools Taster Day at your setting to give all staff an insight into the background and activities involved in Forest Schools.
You will be introduced to the ethos of Forest Schools through different media. This will include practical activities, demonstrations, reflective processes and experimentation.
Many settings are inspired to go on to become ‘Forest Schools’ after receiving InSET days and we pride ourselves in delivering outstanding training which can transform organisations and the staff that work for them. Forest Schools Taster Days are an excellent opportunity to identify which staff can go on to do further training and become Forest Schools Practitioners.
Outdoor Learning Training
We can offer bespoke Outdoor Learning training to inspire your staff and meet your objectives.
A day can be created for you that incorporates different aspects of outdoor learning, including linking to the curriculum, doing specific activities or teaching you how to utilise your outdoor space.
Outdoors and Up For It!
We can run our one day course as an InSET day for you at your setting.
This course is highly practical, enabling participants to quickly learn a wide range of outdoor activities to use with children whilst utilising natural resources.
Each participant will also receive a “recipe book” of all the activities learned on the day that contains all the instructions, outcomes and resources needed to run these activities. This will be an invaluable reminder to staff when its time to go outdoors again or try something different with the children.
Archimedes can provide team building days using the outdoors to help build a stronger more focused staff team.
Step out of the office and into the great outdoors to give your staff a new perspective on the way they work.
A team building day outdoors is often an unforgettable experience and is a great alternative to team building inside a classroom.
Simply call us on 0114 2834060 to book your date.
We can either take a deposit then over the phone or you can pay the full amount.
Let us know if you have any questions, we’ll be more than happy to help!
“I just wanted to let you know what a wonderful day we had with your trainer. They were fantastic and my entire staff felt inspired and keen to incorporate Forest Schools into our curriculum. Many of them came to me afterward saying they weren’t expecting to enjoy today and had, in fact, loved it!
So thank you so much!“
“The course exceeded my expectations – I found it very inspirational and can only hope that I manage to spread more of the Forest School ethos throughout the educational settings that I work in.“
Forest Schools Taster Days
£1290 – Up to 24 people
£2298 – Up to 48 people
Outdoors And Up For It
£1500 – Up to 24 people
£2670 – Up to 48 people
£1500 – Up to 24 people
£2670 – Up to 48 people